9.21.2010

From August 24th.

This past week has been so much better! I love Heavenly Father can I just say that!! He helped me find out all/or most of the answers to things I was struggling with and then of course right after the answers come He doesn't want me to get too comfortable so he sends me some more challenges. Well this week I got a big one! On Friday the Branch Presidency called me in for an interview which happens all the time here but this time the interview was scheduled to call me as the New Coordinating Sister for our Branch, which is equivalent to RS president here in the MTC. When they told me this I literally laughed out loud. But of course Heavenly Father knows so much more than us. THis calling has humbled me so much. 10 things I love about my companion Sister Loss are:
1. She makes me laugh with her silly sense of humor.
2. She truly loves and cares about everyones feelings.
3. She is patient and lets Elder Ewell talk her ear off (he is some elder.. my goodness lets just say patiene is required with him)
4. She works hard and never gives up
5. She has a strong and wonderful testimony
6. She knows exactly what she wants and needs.
7. She has really good self control
8. She never complains about me or what I do
9. She is quick and witty
10. She takes time to talk to people and never lets time get in teh way of what she needs to do.

One of our teachers Brother Daniel Wahlgren from Colorado gave a lesson to us about being happy and staing away from things that chase the spirit away, he said he is a neat perfectionist and he often gets upset with his roommates. But then he realized tha tthey aren't perfectionists and they found him annoying for how he is- SLAP IN THE FACE FOR ME DUH!! D'laney!! I have always viewed being organized and neat was 100% blessing but in reality it is a challenge becasue you have to learn to not expect everyone to be like you. I believe that is called Humility :) Only took me 21 years to learn that.