9.21.2010

From August 17th.

Another week down! 6 more to go! Oh my goodness... that is a scary/sad thought. I still have to tell myself everyday "I am a missionary, I am going to Bulgaria!" For some reason it hasnt sunk in yet, hopefully some day it will. Let's see I guess I will start backwards with yesterday. Monday- I was kind of in a cranky mood but all day I was working on it so it ended up being like a little rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. (Can you say bi polar:)
Sundays are good days because it is so much more relaxed and we get to spend a few hours on the temple grounds and talk to missionaries outside our district. Our Sunday fireside was of 3 different composers and they got to describe the hymns that they wrote. It was pretty cool! The MTC is under a lot of construction so we have to meet in different rooms around the campus instead of the gym as a whole. I think they will be done in Sept. They are also redoing the MTC sign in the front so I haven't gotten the famous missionary picture in front of it.
I just returned from the temple. I LOVE BEING ABLE TO GO EACH WEEK! Today was another good visit.
Bulgarian I have learned is a #8 in difficulty on a scale of 1-10 English is a 9. I stink at both :) I know for a fact that I will not be able to get this language by myself. Forming a sentence takes about 10 minutes because you have to do this long gammactical equation in your head before talking... no good.
I am happy and pleased to report that I am progressing from horrible to decently bad. My teachers are kind and very patient. Its weird to think they are only a ear older than me because I always feel like a 5 year old around tehm. Oh well that the life of a missionary! Okay so mom gave me permission to share a little about the craziness of Bulgaria.
1. We had to learn "don't touch me" in Bulgarian for all the old men there and the gypsies.
2. THe water there is radiactive and if you drink it you grow hair on your cheeks and large moles.
3. Its common to see 5 year olds drinking and smoking.
4. we were warned that on our first day there we will feel like we are in Moulin Rouge or a circus.
5. week grows along the sidewalks for anyone to harvest and smoke.

We are all really excited to go! :).